SUP Lake Tahoe
Nelson Ave. Beach Haven, NJ on the Holgate side if you go 1 street past Nelson Ave. there is a public parking lot and Surf Camps are straight off the parking lot.
Learn to surf or refresh your surfing skills to take your surfing to the next level! Surf with Nicole Surf Lessons run 1.5 hours long, 7 days a week from June 29th - August 31st. Surf Lessons are open to girls and boys, men and women, families of all ages, with or without surfing experience.
Surf with Nicole lessons offers private surf lessons, semi-private lesson's and group lessons. Each surf lessons includes a 30 min land lessons teaching you everything you need to know before entering the water, including ocean safety, surf safety, surf etiquette, surfboard control, pop-up and much more.
Our instructor to surf ratio is 3:1 and all of our instructors are CPR and First Aid certified. We pride ourselves on the quality of instruction and the caliber of our instructors, each have years of teaching experience.
PLEASE MAKE RESERVATION AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE DESIRED LESSON DATE.
- 4 Nights stay at Cedar House Sport Hotel, Truckee, CA
- 3 Full Days of SUP instruction/coaching, touring and safety oversight
- Use of all paddling equipment: boards, paddles, and safety gear
- All state park and launch fees
- Round trip ground transportation from Reno/Tahoe Intl. Airport to hotel
- Daily round trip ground transportation from hotel to paddle location
- Evening ‘on call’ shuttle service from hotel to downtown Truckee, and back
- Wine and hors d’oeuvres reception on arrival day
- Daily breakfast (4) at Stella, on-site restaurant at Cedar House
- Two freshly prepared box lunches from Stella: for days 1 and 3 of paddling
- Welcome dinner on arrival evening, hosted at one of Truckee’s fine dining establishments
- Daily beverages and snacks, to keep you hydrated and fueled
- Welcome bin, including some items you need for paddling
- Group photo, sent to you after your adventure
On the surface, it’s a charming old-west mountain town, but Truckee has fine dining and plenty of night life to keep you up late, if you are so inclined. That includes gaming casinos a short drive away. Come prepared.
There are coffee shops, grocery stores, visitor attractions and plenty of retail. If you shop, you’re sure to find something you’ll love to take home. If you forget a toothbrush, socks, sunglasses or any necessary medications, you’ll be able to find all of those things in Truckee. You are NOT going to the middle of nowhere.
What to Bring
- Swimwear: several swimsuits or trunks
- Beach towel
- Outdoor clothing: loose, comfortable and synthetic is best
- A warm jacket or hoodie, for nights out
- Your usual toiletries medications and travel items
- Books, magazines, iPod: any items you’d bring to the beach to relax
Warm temperatures are common in the Tahoe area in the fall; mid 70s-80s in the daytime. But temperatures drop at night, even into the 30s at this elevation (6200’) so come prepared and expect temp to swing. Loose and layered, active outdoor wear for the day, warmer clothes for the evenings, including a warm jacket or hoodie.
Water and Getting Wet
You’ll be stand-up paddle boarding fresh-water lakes, including the iconic Lake Tahoe, so yeah, you’re going to get a little bit wet. How you dress for action on the water is up to you, but here are some guidelines.
In warm weather and direct sun, it can get a little bit hot. Swimwear is great if you’re planning to jump in, cool off and swim. (We do!) If you want to attempt to stay dry, you can wear active/outdoor wear that keeps you warmer. Go with quick-drying fabrics (synthetics, not cotton), such as Nike Dry Fit, Patagonia Capilene or other fast drying synthetic materials. Double up; a change of similar items will ensure that you always have something dry to change into. Short sleeves will keep you cooler, long sleeves offer more complete sun protection. (More about this below.)
If you chill easily in the water, you may consider a neoprene spring-suit (shorty wetsuit). It will keep you warm if you get wet. Average surface water temperature in September is 62-70º.